1. Fair selection of materials. For precision and complex molds, micro-deformed mold steels with good materials (such as air-quenched steel) should be selected.The die steel with severe carbide segregation should be cast reasonably, and the large and uncast die steel can be solid-solution double-refining heat treatment.
2. The mold structure design should be fair, the thickness should not be too large, and the shape should be symmetrical. For the larger deformed mold, the deformation law should be grasped and the machining allowance should be reserved. For large, precise and complex molds, a combined structure can be used.
3. Pre-heat treatment of precision and complex molds is required to eliminate residual stress generated during machining.
4. Choose the heating temperature reasonably and control the heating speed. For precision and complex molds, slow heating, preheating and other balanced heating methods can be used to reduce mold heat treatment deformation.
5. Under the condition of mold hardness, try to use pre-cooling, hierarchical cooling quenching or warm quenching process.
6. For precision and complex molds, if the premise permits, try to use vacuum heating and quenching and cryogenic treatment after quenching.
7. For some sophisticated molds, pre-heat treatment, aging heat treatment, and tempering and nitriding heat treatment can be used to control the accuracy of the mold.
8. When repairing mold blisters, pores, abrasion and other defects, use cold welders and other repair equipment with low heat impact to avoid deformation during the repair process.